Not sure how you can help the PTSA?
Here are some ways that we need volunteers to help out. (Items in bold are critical)
- Lunch helpers – help serve hot lunch and a la cart, kitchen cleaning and organization. Many volunteers serve one day every week but occasional volunteers needed as well.
- Creative fundraising – set fundraising goals to prepare for budget, brainstorm how we can fundraise in non-traditional ways without having to sell things (unless that’s what people want), evaluate fundraising opportunities, manage a specific fundraiser.
- Box Top program coordinator – Promote the box top program, facilitate the classroom collection competition, coordinate submission of box tops and any affiliated paperwork.
- Communications chair – assist with PTSA blog, pages on school website.
- PTSA Membership Coordinator – promote PTSA membership donation drive and keep track of families that have donated to the PTSA during donation drives.
- Provide childcare during school or PTSA events – Provide supervision of children during school or PTSA events, usually alongside high school volunteers.
- Community events coordinator and committee – work with parents across our various areas to set up simple gatherings that give parents and families a chance to socialize closer to home; contact local restaurants or other business to set up Woods nights where they give a % of sales back to PTSA, and promote these events.
- Teacher appreciation committee – help with all events or pick one to chair, help during teacher appreciation events, buy or prepare food for events.
- Reading team – organize reading room, make book purchasing decisions, process donations, catalog materials for circulating collection, and help host local author visits to the school.
- Readathon committee – Encourage kids to read more through fun team-based competition. Keep track of reading, coordinate assemblies, reward the kids’ achievements.
- Community outreach and support – contact local businesses, groups or other PTAs with whom we can partner in mutually beneficial ways; help to negotiate with local vendors when we need prizes, supplies, etc for PTSA events. Also needs to coordinate with other school entities to make sure we don’t double dip when we ask local people for donations.
- Promotions/marketing – help with creation of promotional material for all PTSA events and programs.
- Audit Committee – Review records, bank statements, cashed checks, and supportng documents to ensure that expenditures are consistent with budget and financial statements.
- Nominations Committee – Work as a team to identify and recruit potential PTSA Officer Candidates to assemble a slate of candidates for election at the May meeting.
- Advocacy Committee – Work as a team to improve communications and relationships between school staff and students’ families. Organize programs to promote the goals and purposes of the PTSA. Provide opportunities for parents to receive education on issues related to health and educational success of students to help each child reach their potential.